Lawyerment Discussion Forum
The Malaysian Law Discussion Forum for All
Forum Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Lawyerment HomePost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer

Home / Malaysia Bankruptcy Law / Business & Consumer Bankruptcy Law
Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) & DMP
Credit Card Debt and Personal Loan amounting to RM172000

New MessageAgensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) & DMP (modified 0 times) WilsonChurchill
Profile | Email
Feedback on the Counselling session attended on 21 Jul 2011 at 10:00am at the Bank Negara Malaysia branch in Pulau Pinang.

After applying for refinancing of my Single Storey Terrace House in Penang to several banks and MBSB, I was really broken when all the banks rejected my application saying that I’v e bad CCRIS and CTOS status. They’re unable to grant me loan as all the credit cards having 4 to 5 months in arrears. I even tried the Koperasi and others. That is the moment I decided to seek the help of AKPK.

After attending their counselling on the above said date and time, I was really shocked when I was told by the Mr Counsellor that I’ve to pay at least RM2400 per month for the period of 10 years or another option of paying RM1700 per month for the first 3 years and subsequently will have to pay RM2600 per month for the period of 7 years.

When I told the Mr Counsellor that it was impossible, I was asked to dispose off my property which I’m using now as the tuition centre to gain my income.

I just ask the Mr Counsellor to allow me to settle the debt in 15 years so that my monthly repayment amount will be as low as RM1250 per month. For that, Mr Counsellor told me that it was not possible as this is not within his jurisdictions to do so. As such, I did ask the Mr Counsellor whether or not any possibility to appeal. But, I was told that it is not possible as this type of case will be rejected by the bank.

I even notified the Mr Counsellor that credit card and personal loan is due to my father’s severe accident at the Penang bridge in year 2002, mother’s cirrhosis of the liver in year 2002 and pacemaker implantation for myself in 2005.

At the end, I was forced to bring back the DMP form to appeal the case. Now I’m really in dark and helpless.

Please give me a helping hand to overcome the issue.

JesusLives
23 Jul, 2011 22:12:07

New MessageRE:Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) & DMP (modified 0 times) Selena
WilsonChurchill,

My lord, may I know what kind of "helping hand" you are refering to? You need to be more specific.

23 Jul, 2011 22:41:12

New MessageRE:Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) & DMP (modified 0 times) aafx707
Selena,
Helping here means more to advice than $$$. I really want some advice on this matter. Can I just divide the payment and start paying to all the banks some amount though it could be less than 1% of the outstanding.
23 Jul, 2011 22:50:27

New MessageRE:Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) & DMP (modified 0 times) 1818
aafx707,

If you pay less than the minimum the bank demands, they will still send collection agencies after you or/and sue you.

If you need more advice and no one here could help you, you may want to consider seeking legal advice at a Jabatan Bantuan Guaman branch in your city/town, cost only RM2 for a legal consultation from a real lawyer. Hope you find a good lawyer there, I am sure some are more helpful than others.

If there is no way you can afford to pay the minimum demanded by the banks, and you plan to delay your case/s, you'll need that RM15 book (and the guru from this forum) to help you, the book is available at most MPH or Popular book shops, it is called, How to Represent Yourself in Court to Fight Banks, http://www.mphonline.com/books/nsearch.aspx?do=detail&pcode=9789673204472

All the best!

24 Jul, 2011 18:52:21

New MessageRE:Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) & DMP (modified 0 times) vkpc
How much do you owe the banks in total?
24 Jul, 2011 19:13:59

New MessageRE:Agensi Kaunseling dan Pengurusan Kredit (AKPK) & DMP (modified 0 times) WilsonChurchill
Profile | Email
1818: Thanks for the time and concern. I really appreciate that. I will take all the necessary steps to get it done esp on seeking the advice at RM2 from a legal adviser and the book. You people are the real guru to people like us not the AKPK counsellors who fail to understand our situation and problem. Also the trauma that I'm going through. Thanks and God bless.

vkpc: Thanks to you too. As I've mentioned in my subject and description, total payable to the 6 banks is RM172000. Please advice me further. Thanks once again. Take care & God bless.

JesusLives
25 Jul, 2011 03:01:53

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are MYT

Copyright © 1999-2014 Lawyerment.com. All rights reserved

Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact | About Us | Advertising Opportunities
Disclaimer - Please Read Carefully

These Bulletin Board pages are intended as a public service primarily to allow non-lawyers and lawyers to share experiences and opinions with other non-lawyers and lawyers. They are NOT intended to be a source of advertising, solicitation, legal advice, self-promotion or disparagement. Lawyerment assumes absolutely no responsibility for postings or their content. Visitors may post questions, comments and replies without prior review by Lawyerment, but we reserve the right to delete any postings (in whole or in part) for any reason at any time.
However, the fact that a posting remains on site NEVER means that it has been approved or endorsed by Lawyerment. By making a posting you are agreeing that the material you post becomes the property of Lawyerment. Lawyerment is a unit of Magnificent Communication. Visitors should exercise great caution when reading this (or any other) Bulletin Board. Be aware that those who post messages may not be who they claim to be. Never to rely on any advice in legal matters except from an attorney you have retained to represent you and your interests. To locate and retain an attorney we suggest you visit our Lawyerment Lawyers' Directory.
Click here to visit Lawyerment.com for 1000's of answers to legal questions. Please read our Privacy Policy and Disclaimer & Conditions Of Use.
Copyright © 1999-2014 Lawyerment.com. All rights reserved