Lawyerment Discussion Forum
The Malaysian Law Discussion Forum for All
Forum Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Lawyerment HomePost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer

Home / Malaysia Family & Estate Planning Law / Family & Estate Planning Law
marriage status confirmation

New Messagemarriage status confirmation (modified 0 times) yanyan
hi I am checking on behalf of a friend (Malaysian) , who is being deprived from getting married for many years.

according to her, when she applied work permit in Singapore, by mistake her marital status was keyed in Married when actually she is not married. now that she wants to get married with a Singaporean man,
many attempts, it was rejected . Singapore
ROM wants her to produce evidence that she was not married. She does not know where to
get and how to get. how can she get proof and
can I help her to write to Malaysia Marriage dept. and what is the address.( she is illiterate). She felt so helpless.
Pls help!

24 Apr, 2001 01:48:35

New MessageRE:marriage status confirmation (modified 0 times) Surfer

Your friend should get a certificate of self status from the Marriage Department of Malaysia certifying that she is not registered with the Malaysia Marriage Department thus still single.

Which state is your friend in? Anywhere she should contact the nearest Marriage Department which is a section of the Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara or Registration Department.

Here goes the headoffice address :
Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara Malaysia
(Bahagian Perkhawinan)
Wisma Pendaftaran,
Persiaran Barat,
46551 Petaling Jaya.
Telephone : 03 - 79683200/1/2/3/4/5
Fax : 03 - 7565349

24 Apr, 2001 10:30:31

New MessageRE:marriage status confirmation (modified 0 times) Bubu
Your friend needed to fill in a form together attached with a Statutory Declaration which is saying that she is still an unmarried woman/lady, and the Statutory Declaration needs to be attested in front of either Registered Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths for apply for the Certificate of Status from the Registrar Department. It would be helpful for her marriage.

If I am not mistaken, your friend needed to go to the Headquarter of Registrar Department (Petaling Jaya one) to proceed this procedure. The application fee for the form is RM 10.

I have a sample of SD, if your friend needed it, don't be hesitate to ask from me.

Good luck.

29 Apr, 2001 00:40:05

New MessageRE:marriage status confirmation (modified 0 times) 26dec2009
Hi, my fiancee is from Malaysia (Pontian) and I am from Indonesia. Both of us are working in Singapore. We would like to get married and I need to register my marriage in Indonesia but I need a single status letter from Malaysia. Can you advice me what should I do? I already call the Malaysian High Commission in Singapore and they said that they can't provide this Single Status Letter. So can I do a cover letter and a Statutory of Declaration of Single Status certified by the Singapore Registered Notary Public and then fill in the KC_09 form plus photocopy of his passport and Malaysian IC and send this to:
JPN Bahagian Perkahwinan/Penceraian
Aras 1 No.20 ,
Persiaran Perdana ,
Presint 2 ,
62551 W.P. Putrajaya.
I just want to save the hassle of going down to Kuala Lumpur to get this done.

Thank you again for the advice.
Fax : 03 - 7565349

23 Oct, 2009 17:41:08

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are MYT

Copyright © 1999-2015 All rights reserved

Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact | About Us | Advertising Opportunities
Disclaimer - Please Read Carefully

These Bulletin Board pages are intended as a public service primarily to allow non-lawyers and lawyers to share experiences and opinions with other non-lawyers and lawyers. They are NOT intended to be a source of advertising, solicitation, legal advice, self-promotion or disparagement. Lawyerment assumes absolutely no responsibility for postings or their content. Visitors may post questions, comments and replies without prior review by Lawyerment, but we reserve the right to delete any postings (in whole or in part) for any reason at any time.
However, the fact that a posting remains on site NEVER means that it has been approved or endorsed by Lawyerment. By making a posting you are agreeing that the material you post becomes the property of Lawyerment. Lawyerment is a unit of Magnificent Communication. Visitors should exercise great caution when reading this (or any other) Bulletin Board. Be aware that those who post messages may not be who they claim to be. Never to rely on any advice in legal matters except from an attorney you have retained to represent you and your interests. To locate and retain an attorney we suggest you visit our Lawyerment Lawyers' Directory.
Click here to visit for 1000's of answers to legal questions. Please read our Privacy Policy and Disclaimer & Conditions Of Use.
Copyright © 1999-2015 All rights reserved