Lawyerment Discussion Forum
The Malaysian Law Discussion Forum for All
Forum Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Lawyerment HomePost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer

Home / Malaysia Real Estate Law / Buy/Sell a House, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Commercial Matters
How to Claim Late Delivery (LAD) Damages
How to claim Late Delivery (LAD) damages

New MessageHow to Claim Late Delivery (LAD) Damages (modified 0 times) wongy

I need some advice in regards to claiming LAD. I am a house buyer Jalil Sutera, developed by Bukit Jalil Development, a subsidiary of Ho Hup. My house has been delayed for more than two years now, which means they owe my ~ 20% of total house price in Late Delivery damages. (They now owe me more than I owe them). The developer is now in the process of issuing the Vacant Possession letter. From talks I've had with friends having purchased properties under the same developer, BJD is not paying LAD.

How can I make the Developer pay for the LAD? I've asked my bank to withhold the remaining 20% of my loan as contra for the LAD, but they say they can't due to an undertaking they signed with the Developer. Is there a way for me to make them contra the payment?

Someone on this site mentioned before that the courts have allowed this in the past. Can anyone provide details on this?


13 May, 2008 11:42:20

New MessageRE:How to Claim Late Delivery (LAD) Damages (modified 0 times) Ah Kow
You can try to contact:

Sekretariat Tribunal (KL)
Tel: 03-20924488

Hope this helps

14 Jun, 2008 20:44:19

New MessageRE:How to Claim Late Delivery (LAD) Damages (modified 0 times) ahmooi
They are hopeless. Even after you get the Tribunal's award, and if the developer does not pay, the Tribunal can't action on the developer. I have an award from the Tribunal since 6/5/2008 and nothing has been paid. When I called the Tribunal office, they said that there is nothing that they can do about it. So what's the point of attending the tribunal in the first place?
19 Feb, 2009 06:27:54

New MessageRE:How to Claim Late Delivery (LAD) Damages (modified 0 times) shah8th
i believe once you get the award from tribunal, u can validate it in Magistrate @ Session Court. Then u can proceed with the execution for e.g seizure and sale ( the best) trust me against these bad developer. However u have to ensure these developer still operational
16 Apr, 2009 11:46:25

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are MYT

Copyright © 1999-2015 All rights reserved

Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact | About Us | Advertising Opportunities
Disclaimer - Please Read Carefully

These Bulletin Board pages are intended as a public service primarily to allow non-lawyers and lawyers to share experiences and opinions with other non-lawyers and lawyers. They are NOT intended to be a source of advertising, solicitation, legal advice, self-promotion or disparagement. Lawyerment assumes absolutely no responsibility for postings or their content. Visitors may post questions, comments and replies without prior review by Lawyerment, but we reserve the right to delete any postings (in whole or in part) for any reason at any time.
However, the fact that a posting remains on site NEVER means that it has been approved or endorsed by Lawyerment. By making a posting you are agreeing that the material you post becomes the property of Lawyerment. Lawyerment is a unit of Magnificent Communication. Visitors should exercise great caution when reading this (or any other) Bulletin Board. Be aware that those who post messages may not be who they claim to be. Never to rely on any advice in legal matters except from an attorney you have retained to represent you and your interests. To locate and retain an attorney we suggest you visit our Lawyerment Lawyers' Directory.
Click here to visit for 1000's of answers to legal questions. Please read our Privacy Policy and Disclaimer & Conditions Of Use.
Copyright © 1999-2015 All rights reserved