Lawyerment Discussion Forum
The Malaysian Law Discussion Forum for All
Forum Home | Sign In | Sign Up | Search | Help | Lawyerment HomePost a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer

Home / Miscellaneous / Others
Labor Law Office Email Address
Want to sent Resignation Letter to Labour Law Office

New MessageLabor Law Office Email Address (modified 0 times) Indian
As-Salam Aly Kum
I am an employee of MSC status company.I am having some problem which I can not cope with. I am on probation period of six months and three months have passed. I want to resign from the company and go back home to India. I would like to know the Email address of the office of Employement/Labour Law where I can send a copy of my resignation letter when I am sending the resignation letter to my company as a proof. I am in desprate need of the email address.The information can be sent to my friends email address :
23 Nov, 2000 19:47:00

New MessageRE:Labor Law Office Email Address (modified 0 times) Passer-by
Hi Indian,

In Malaysia, there is no office of Employment/Labour Law.

However, the Ministry of Human Resources is responsible for coordinating and managing the formulation, review and amendments of all laws and gazettes under the Ministry's purview (Employment/Labor).

There is also the Department Of Labour Peninsular Malaysia(west Malaysia) being responsible for providing services e.g. labor court, employees complaint, etc. to ensure an employee is protected under the Employment Law and enjoys the benefits under the law in addition to preserving the interest of an employer.

The contacts are as follow :

Paras 5, Blok B Utara, Pusat Bandar Damansara 50532 Kuala Lumpur
TEL: 03-2557200 FAX: 03-2536040

Level 2-4, Block B (North), Jalan Damanlela, Pusat Bandar Damansara, 50530, Kuala Lumpur.
TEL: 03-2557200 FAX: 03-2554700

As far as I know, you do not need to send a copy of the letter to the department. (if you do, enclose a covering letter would be better, as I have doubt whether they will keep a copy of your email).

As long as you have the copy of the resignation letter, employment contract, last payment slip, NRIC and address and company contact, you can file in any complaint to the Department of Labor Peninsular Malaysia by providing such proof and/or other information.

P.S. I believe your posting should be posted in the Labor Law forum. Its a moderated forum.

24 Nov, 2000 12:05:28

Post a New Message | Reply this Thread | Printer | Forward
All times are MYT

Copyright © 1999-2015 All rights reserved

Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact | About Us | Advertising Opportunities
Disclaimer - Please Read Carefully

These Bulletin Board pages are intended as a public service primarily to allow non-lawyers and lawyers to share experiences and opinions with other non-lawyers and lawyers. They are NOT intended to be a source of advertising, solicitation, legal advice, self-promotion or disparagement. Lawyerment assumes absolutely no responsibility for postings or their content. Visitors may post questions, comments and replies without prior review by Lawyerment, but we reserve the right to delete any postings (in whole or in part) for any reason at any time.
However, the fact that a posting remains on site NEVER means that it has been approved or endorsed by Lawyerment. By making a posting you are agreeing that the material you post becomes the property of Lawyerment. Lawyerment is a unit of Magnificent Communication. Visitors should exercise great caution when reading this (or any other) Bulletin Board. Be aware that those who post messages may not be who they claim to be. Never to rely on any advice in legal matters except from an attorney you have retained to represent you and your interests. To locate and retain an attorney we suggest you visit our Lawyerment Lawyers' Directory.
Click here to visit for 1000's of answers to legal questions. Please read our Privacy Policy and Disclaimer & Conditions Of Use.
Copyright © 1999-2015 All rights reserved